The decision to get married is one of the most important ones that we ever make. Engagement is a time of joy, happiness and the bringing together of two families to make one. No one wants to think about possible hard times ahead. Yet, marriage is complex, to say the least. Each partner comes to the marriage with his or her own set of expectations. Some of those expectations are discussed, and couples do their best to prepare for their lifetime together. But a lot of expectations are assumed or not thought of – not until problems start to creep up and one or both partners starts to feel misunderstood.
Compatible Counseling Solutions has developed a comprehensive curriculum to help partners prepare for their life together. Our program is secular in nature and open to couples from any spiritual tradition or sexual orientation.
Our program consists of 4 sessions, though we can expand to six sessions for those who want to spend more time with the topics. Areas of discussion include:
- History of relationship and decision to get married
- Extended family experiences and expectations.
- Defining roles and responsibilities
- Money decisions and dealing with debt
- Communication styles and needs
- Managing conflict
- Annoying habits
- Supports outside of the marriage
- Having fun now and in the future
- Children and child rearing expectations
- Spirituality and values
- Sex and Intimacy
- When to go for Counseling
For more information or to make an appointment click here.